Friday, December 11, 2009

What's next...



Breakfast is something I enjoy. I wake up in the morning thinking about coffee. I like brushing my teeth with my Spinbrushpro electric toothbrush. I never really thought about how much I would miss the changing of seasons. In Mexico, temperatures do get cooler, but the changing of the leaves from summer to fall is absent. I missed the familiar smell of my house that is filled with all the memories from childhood. I missed the two most amazing faces that God has blessed me with, always happy to see me. I am glad to be back home with my parents.
I learned a lot about myself while I was away. I’ve always thought of myself as an adventurer. I have told myself that I don’t want to be the girl that stays in a small town and is content with it. But maybe it’s not so bad. Maybe that’s really what I want. I like routine. I like to be on a schedule. I like convenience. I like being surrounded by friends and family. If I could do it all again (go to Mexico), I would, but it sure feels good to be home!
When things didn’t work out in Mexico I wasn’t sure what would happen when I came back home. I wasn’t sure about the next month of my life, but faith and prayers worked. Today I found out that I will be teaching in Birmingham, AL starting January 4th; the place where I hoped to be all along. It’s easy for me to forget that God does have a plan for me and it’s better than I would have ever thought of. He’s helped me out a lot these past few months. Besides teaching me more about myself, he has really taught me to take things one-step at a time and rely more on him. I catch myself time after time fretting over what will happen next. Lately, it’s been easier to hand-over all my worries and concerns and leave them at His feet. Maybe Mexico had a far deeper purpose than I had ever thought.

1 comment: