Monday, December 21, 2009

Nomad?



Since I’ve been back from Mexico I’ve been living out of my suitcase. I’ve been in limbo waiting for word about where to move to next. I haven’t been able to take my clothes out of my suitcases and place them neatly in drawers; they’re all piled in bags for me to dig through and say to myself, ‘I know that black three-quarter length shirt is in here.’ If you’ve ever been on vacations longer than a week, you might know the feeling. I have the type of personality that likes to get settled before I can feel comfortable beginning something else. The first thing I do when I get back from a trip is empty my suitcase and put everything in its proper place.
Lately, as I move myself back and forth between states, all I do is pack, unpack and wash clothes, and pack again. I’m a nomad basically. Since I started college, every six months I have moved. At first, when I lived in the dorms, it all fit in my car. I slowly added on, but still can fit it all in a moving van. I have moved from the dorms→parent’s → dorms → parent’s → apartment → Disney → apartment → Birmingham → apartment → Birmingham → Mexico → and now another apartment in Birmingham…. Whew! I feel that there is no point in even getting comfortable in a place and yet that’s all I really want to do. It drives me crazy that I have my things spread across states-even across the border! I look forward to the day when I can unpack and have no idea when I’ll have to pack it up again!
But when I think about things, I know that I always have a home in God. All of these trivial things in life that I spend hours worrying about and crying over won’t matter in the end because the whole purpose of life is Jesus Christ. He could come any minute and instead of praising him or showing others his unfailing love, I’m worried about my next move in life. I will always have a home in him and all of my needs will be met.
My only hope is you, Jesus. My only hope is you. From early in the morning ‘til late at night. My only hope is you.♥

4 comments:

  1. Jade! I like your blog! Sounds like you have a good perspective on life. I was in Hattiesburg for a visit not long ago and was jogging around and ran through campus edge and thought about you. Hope you get some direction soon but Birmingham isn't a bad place to be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jade! I like your blog too! I'm sorry we never got to have an adventure in Mexico. But I know how you feel, I've settled in Mexico for a season, then what do I do in August? But isn't kinda fun not knowing? I feel like it's freeing just going along with God's plan and watching it unfold. So it looks like you're on track! (and I'm glad I can get to know you somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have moved a lot since college! I felt like I was constantly moving too during my college years, but hopefully I will stay where I am now for a while. :) I like what you said about having always having a home in Jesus - amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I really appreciate the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete