Monday, March 07, 2011

God Will Take Care of You


Hello Worry.  You always seem to creep into my thoughts when changes are happening in my life.  I don’t even know why I worry.  I’m not afraid or fearful of the future; I just like to know and be prepared.  But how boring would that be to be prepared for everything?  I love surprises.  I love planning surprises for other people.  Why wouldn’t God like to do that as well?
 Just as I began to worry (tonight), the words of a familiar church song came into my head, “God will take care of you, through every day, o’re all the way; he will take care of you.  God will take care of you.”   If I let go of my own self-consuming thoughts, I find that God comforts and guides me with his words and songs.  Isn’t that amazing?!  My heavenly father loves me that much!  And who better to take care of me?  God has an amazing way of making miracles out of any situation. 
Today I was worrying about my next job.  Will I be able to get one?  We are moving in a month and still don’t know where.  But even if I don’t get a job, I will be fine.  All of my needs are taken care of.  Maybe I’m not going to get a teaching job.  Maybe I could be a better servant elsewhere.  I shouldn’t be focused on where I will work next.  I should focus on where God can put me to best serve him.  God will take care of me!  … but only if I let him.  And he will take care of you too!  He loves us and wants us to be happy.  But we (I know for sure ME) are only truly happy when we are doing the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment