Monday, October 12, 2009

En Guadalajara

1. Neckbraces are a fashion statement. I rarely go a day without seeing someone in one.

2. The driving is crazy probably causing statement number one to be true.

3. If you sold hair gel, you could be a rich kid.

4. You can ride anywhere on a bus for 5 pesos=.38 cents

5. Guys frequently whistle, honk, yell, kiss, and meow (yes, Bethany and I were meowed at) at anyone who is not "dark".

6. There are statues EVERYWHERE.

7. The gas truck plays a song while it rides through the streets. It’s quite catchy even though I can never quite make out what it says.

8. You can get just about anything you want if you pay someone for it. Which leads me to my next point.

9. I got an hour and a half full body massage for 300 pesos=23 dollars. And no, I didn’t go to a studio; she came to us with music, incense, and everything else.

10.You would never go hungry here. There is food everywhere! Grilled corn for sale outside the grocery store, taco stands on just about every block, hot dog stands on the side of the road, ice cream carts riding around…. The list goes on…


Frank found some hotdogs wrapped in a fried tortilla on the side of the street.










11. I walk out the door in a tank top and walk past others in parkas and toboggans.

12. Parking lots are swept while piles of trash are on the street corner.

13. Their “caution tape” for sidewalk construction consists of putting a board over a big hole so hopefully you won’t fall in and break your ankle.

14. I have met few rude/mean people while being here.

15. Going back to number 10 and 14, if someone is eating/drinking around you, they will most likely offer you a taste.

16. Everyday is a new experience. You never know what you’ll see walking down the street.


















We were driving around and passed a truck full of animals. I think it was a promotion for the circus...

17. Tequila is a common topic of conversation.

18. If you sold fireworks, you could also be rich. Different churches have different saints days and they set off fireworks to honor them… I think.

19. In reference to my previous point, nobody really knows why things are done here. Why do they put limejuice on everything? Someone told me it was to kill bacteria. Somebody else said because it tastes good. It’s like that for just about everything.

20. Sometimes I think I’m the only person that worries about things here. Everyone just seems to enjoy life and hopes that everything will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment